Sunday, Dec. 8 - 3 p.m. - Atlanta, Ga., Philips Arena (18,818)
Fox Sports Midwest/South (Dave Baker & Larry Conley)
- Tony Barbee is in his fourth year guiding Auburn and his eighth season as a head coach overall.
- Senior guard Chris Denson is first in the SEC in scoring (21.8 ppg), is ninth in field goal percentage (.526) and tied for 18th in rebounding (6.0 rpg) ... His 20.8 ppg entering the week was 44th nationally and his .542 field goal percentage was 98th.
- Denson scored 131 points over the first six games ... That is the most for an AU player over the first six games of a season since Toney Douglas scored 131 in 2004-05.
- Denson and junior guard K.T. Harrell are combining for 39.5 ppg, which is the highest in the SEC for a pair of teammates. - Auburn's starters are averaging 27.7 minutes per game and 62.0 ppg, which is 79 percent of the team's points (78.2 ppg).
- Auburn is 4-2 for fi rst time since the 2008-09 season and just one game behind its best-ever start under head coach Tony Barbee, who led his team to a 5-1 start in 2011-12 after six games and an 8-1 mark before it lost it's second game that season.
Chris Denson: G, 6-2, 181, Sr. - 21.8 ppg, 6.0 rpg
KT Harrell: G, 6-4, 216, Jr. - 17.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg
Tahj Shamsid-Deen: G, 5-10, 163, Fr. - 8.5 ppg, 3.2 apg
Allen Payne: F, 6-6, 225, Sr. - 7.0 ppg, 5.8 rpg
Asauhn Dixon-Tatum: C, 7-0, 226 - 7.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 2.2 bpg
Series record: 2-0
Last meeting: No. 12 Illinois 81, Auburn 79 (Dec. 29, 2012 - Chicago)
Series streak: Illinois W-2
Groce vs. Auburn: 1-0