Ohio State enters Saturday's matchup with Illinois undefeated and ranked No. 6 in the AP Top 25.
Coach Urban Meyer has the Buckeyes pointed in the right direction, and spirits are high in Columbus despite the postseason bowl ban.
Here's a look at a few key players on Ohio State's squad.
Leading passer: Braxton Miller - 112-of-198 (56.6%), 15,27 yards, 12 TDs, 6 INTs.
Leading rusher: Miller - 166 attempts, 1,093 yards, 12 TDs.
Also: Carlos Hyde - 126 attempts, 600 yards, 10 TDs.
Leading receiver: Devin Smith - 23 catches, 505 yards, 6 TDs.
Also: Corey Brown - 44 catches, 447 yards, TD.
Leading tackler: LB Ryan Shazier - 84 tackles, 9.5 for loss, 4 sacks, 1 INT
Also: CB Bradley Roby - 43 tackles, 2 INTs, 18 pass break-ups, 1 FR.
- Ohio State leads the series, characterized as the battle for the 'Illibuck' trophy, 64-30-4.
- Illinois won 28-21 at Columbus in 2007. Ohio State has won the past four years - 30-20, 30-0, 24-13 and 17-7.
- Illinois has won three of the last five meetings in Columbus, winning in '07, '01 and '99.
- Offensively, the Buckeyes rank 10th in the country in rushing at nearly 248 yards a game. Other rankings: Passing (183 yards per) 105th. Points (38.6) 21st.
- Defensively, OSU is No. 50, allowing just over 24 points a game.