Indiana enters Saturday's matchup with Illinois the losers of five straight.
While the saying 'you are what you're record says you are,' comes to mind, the Hoosiers performance this season has shown improvement over last year's 1-11 campaign.
The last three losses, two in conference, have come by four points or less, as the team nearly knocked off then No. 8 Ohio State Oct. 13.
The reason for the competitive games? A high-tempo offense that's posting points.
The Hoosiers are 18th in the country in passing yards and No. 35 in scoring.
The defense is still a work in progress, but with an offensive unit that's clicking, Indiana has a puncher's chance in any game, home or away.
The game kicks off at 11 a.m. and will be aired on the Big Ten Network.
Here's a look at a few key player's on Indiana's squad.
Leading passer: Cameron Coffman - 133 for 209, 1,320 yards, 7 TDs, 3 INTs
Leading rusher: Stephen Houston - 84 carries, 450 yards, 7 TDs
Leading receiver: Cody Latimer - 30 catches, 465 yards, 2 TDs
Of note: WR Kofi Hughes - 26 catches, 374 yards, 2 TDs
Leading tackler: Greg Heban - 48 tackles, 4.5 for loss, 2 INTs
Of note: LB David Cooper - 47 tackles, 4 for loss
Of note: DL Adam Replogle - 44 tackles, 5.5 for loss, 3 sacks
- The game marks the 70th time the two teams have played, with the Illini having won four of the past five. Illinois leads the series 45-21-3.
- Last year: Illinois won 41-20 in Bloomington.
- The last two times in Champaign: Illinois scored 55 (2008) and 43 (2010).
- The Hoosiers rank 18th nationally in passing at 303.1 yards per game, 65th in rushing at 161.9 yards, 93rd defensively, allowing 31.7 points.
- Indiana's last win in the Big Ten: Nov. 27, 2010 - 34-31 over Purdue in OT.